WELCOME! And congratulations on being ready to be certified as a Somatic Therapist practicing Transformative Touch.
The certification process has several steps:
- Complete the application and pay the $100 certification fee.
- Complete an online written test covering the understanding of the principles of Somatic Therapy and its application through Transformative Touch.
- Send a video of a 50-55 minute session which demonstrates the skill competency of the level for which you are seeking certification.
- Complete the application and pay the fee.
- This is done through PayPal with a PayPal account or with a credit card. The pay button is on the application.
- Once the application is complete you will receive an email with a link for the online written test. This is an open book and untimed test. Should you not meet the minimum criteria (70%)for passing, you may retake the written test. There is no charge for a second attempt, but there is an additional charge for a third attempt.
- Send a video of a 50-55 minute session which demonstrates the skill competency of the level for which you are seeking certification. When you make the video it is extremely important that the sound quality is good- clear & loud. It is also important that you & the client are in view for the welcoming section in the chairs as well as a clear view of you working at the table. The session ends after the client is off the table and walking. If it is easier to send in 2 sections, that is fine. Also make sure the picture is clear and not backlit causing a silhouette effect. We need to see your somatic skills.
- Your video will be reviewed by 2 members of the committee and scored according to the criteria list that you were given for your each level.
Should you not meet the minimum criteria, an email will be sent to your mentor outlining the areas that need improvement. You will be notified of your results within 21 business days of receipt of the video.You may send in another video for consideration. There is no charge for a second attempt, but there is an additional charge for a third attempt.
Should you continue to fall below the minimum requirements and want to submit a third written test and/or third session for review, you may reapply using the form below. After you submit the form, you will be re-directed to another page where you will be able to pay $75 non-refundable application fee for the review of a session or a $50 non-refundable fee for retaking the written test, whichever is required for certification. If both are required, then you will be able to pay a $100 non-refundable fee.