Certification Maintenance Requirements
The intent of the Certification Maintenance requirements is the continued professional development of practitioners after certification. Somatic Therapy is an evolving field and staying current is essential. Renewal of your certification will occur every three years. The requirements listed are seen as the minimum. We certainly encourage you to go beyond these requirements.
Certification Maintenance requirements are as follows:
- 9 hours of ongoing mentoring for the first year after certification. Mentoring with The Somatic Therapy Center mentors fulfills both mentoring requirements and Continuing Education hours.
- 18 hours of professional development continuing education every (3) three years is required to maintain your certification.
- The continuing education can be fulfilled through mentoring, online classes, home reading assignments, and in-person workshops sponsored by The Somatic Therapy Center. Of the total 18 hours, 8 of them must be in person HANDS ON work.
- Maintain personal records of mentoring and continuing education to be sent to STC at the end of every (3) three-year period.
- Send to: email@example.com
- Maintain Professional Liability Insurance – suggestion -http://handsontrade.com/
- Abide by the Code of Ethics
- Payment of $ 99 tri-annual Certification Maintenance Fee
REGISTER and RENEW NOW! Payment is done through PayPal.
We want to build a community of practitioners who support each other as they bring Transformative Touch to clients.
The Somatic Therapy Center will offer an a la carte menu of ways to have this happen. You will pick and choose where and when you want to participate.
In addition to webinars and workshops we will be offering monthly community forums on a wide variety of topics led by different faculty members.
We will also offer the opportunity for you to be listed and advertised on our website.
We will also facilitate the formation of small supportive groups that focus on client work and practice building.