Imagine, what would happen if each of us were involved in work that enriched the world and fulfilled our purpose, and if the work were something we felt passionately about?
What if we truly find our strengths, our passions and our purpose and connect them with a career? What an impact!
If you are looking at this page you probably have asked yourself:
- Are you really happy at work? OR are you feeling unhappy and stuck?
- Do you jump out of bed each morning and look forward to getting started? Or do you dread going in or can’t wait until the week is through?
- Do you have a great sense of fulfillment from your job? Or are you feeling unfulfilled– like you are just putting in your time?
A recent study showed only 17% of employees feel “ highly engaged” in their work!
If you are not satisfied with what you do every day it takes a toll on your physical and mental health. You may feel burned out and frustrated, anxious, depressed, or unable to enjoy time at home knowing another workday is ahead.
If you don’t find your work meaningful and rewarding, it’s hard to keep momentum going to grow in your career and you slowly become the clock watcher.
You are much more likely to be successful in a career that you feel passionate about.
Maybe your job is ok, but you feel like there’s something more…something that connects to you at a deeper level of yourself. You want a place where your gifts and talents can truly blossom. Sometimes people start to look for a new career but get jammed up with fear and doubt. It’s too much work to change careers. Where would I ever begin? I’m too old to change careers. I need to stay where I am I don’t have enough skills to consider a new career.
But the truth is – the pay-off is worth the risk- being happy & fulfilled!!
(p.s. you’re never too old. We had a woman of 70 begin the training and open a small private practice that kept her feeling vital, alive and valued!! )
How could you use your talents to make a difference to society and to YOU?
The Buddha preached an eightfold noble path as a means for one’s awakening; one was Right livelihood.
Finding your calling, and engaging in the work associated with that, takes you a step closer to in Right Livelihood and thereby, towards a more meaningful life.
As you determine your calling and make a conscious choice to follow it, you take a leap towards not only loving your work but also creating a happier and fulfilling life.
- Does your soul long to do something creative, meaningful, and exciting?
- Do you long to use your unique talents and experiences to do good in the world and get paid well to do it?
- Would you like a career of helping people to tap into the limitless potential which exists within them?
If you want to touch people and help them transform their lives- The Somatic Therapy Center’s training offers a pathway to your calling.